Thursday, December 2

My Experience & Yummy Tomato Soup

I blink like a star once in a while in my blog and then go to sleep for a long time. Ya, I know, I haven't been taking much interest in blogging these days and the reason is my health. It took way and taking way long time to recover. I am not sure do I need to mention here but I think its my responsibility to let you all know if may be it might help few of them out there who are thinking about cosmetic surgery.

I was plump right from my childhood, thanks to my aunts from whom I got this. I was so innocent and never knew about cosmetic surgeries until I went to US and fell in love with some of the shows that showed miracles happen on women's bodies. That was when I decided to go for cosmetic surgery called Liposuction, after coming back to india I approached a doctor and got that done, in first quarter of this year. Due to skin sensitivity my skin got burnt and the top layer is gone. In medical terms it was something similar to 1st degree burn. It took around 6 months to recover from that and still I have physiotherapy pending. There is a saying in telugu called 'Korivitho talagokkovadam". I repent now, why did I ever decide to go for it. Anyways, I wanted to mention it here because if there is someone out there who is thinking about it, please think once again and do find out about your skin type also, like how sensitive it is.

And coming to Soup:

I always love Tomato soup here in Indian restaurants. It is just yummy and especially with those fried bread pieces. All generations that is my mom, me and now my kids are fond of this soup. I always wondered how do they make it. I wanted to take a chance and make it at home and I must say that I am pretty impressed with the outcome. It is as close as the restaurant one.

Here is the method I followed to make it:

Tomato Soup with fried bread pieces

9 medium size red juicy tomatoes
1 small onion
1 tbsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves (medium size, if you are using the US ones use only 3 of them)
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp sugar


1. Wash, make a cross mark and cook for few minutes in plenty of water for a min.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and onion, fry until they are translucent.
3. Take the tomatoes, if you want you can peel them off, but I like to have everything in there so just chop the tomatoes into byte size pieces and drop them into the pan.
4. Cook until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
5. Switch off the stove and let the tomatoes cool
6. Take it into a blender and make a smooth paste of it.
7. Add some water and put it back into pan and now add some salt, pepper and sugar.
8. Melt the corn flour into little water and pour the mixture into the tomatoes paste.
9. Bring it to boil and let it boil until it thickens. You may substitute all purpose flour instead of corn flour. I will use that next time when I make.
10. Turn off the stove and take it into a serving bowl.
11 . I mixed in some red food colour for nice vibrant red colour.

I fried two brown bread pieces in hot oil and dropped them into soup, without which my kids would never like to have their soup. I also cooked some macaroni pasta and added to the soup so that it will become a complete dinner for them.

Tomato Soup with fried bread pieces

This is off to TorViewToronto for her event Food Palette Red hosted at blog TorView

PS: Now I noticed my soup section is pathetic. I need to fill in soup good healthy soups. Stay tuned, this time I have a plan to stick around for some time.

2 comments:

myspicykitchen said...

Sorry to hear that and wish you a speedy recovery!

Torviewtoronto said...

thank you for linking this delicious soup love the addition of fried bread on it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More