Here is how I made them:
1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 1/2 cups Oats (toast them slightly on medium flame and then grid them into coarse powder like rawa)
1 1/2 cups Wheat rawa (in the same pan on heat I slightly heated rawa also)
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Soak oats rawa and wheat rawa with just little enough water for the same number of hours.
3. Drain water and grind urad dal into a smooth paste
4. Mix it with the soaked rawa and add salt as per taste.
5. Let it ferment for overnight.
6. Next day morning grease the idli molds and pour the batter into each mold. And cook them in the pressure cooker with out whistle for 18 to 20 minutes.
7. Take out the lid of the cooker and let the idlis cook a little bit before removing them into a plate.
8. Serve it with any chutney of your choice.
I may want to make 2 cups wheat rawa and 1 cup oats rawa and see if the idlis will turn out more fluffy next time when I make. If they remain the same then I want to revert back and use the above mention proportion. Stay tuned to know the verdict after change.
This is my contribution to JFI-Healthy Breakfasts being hosted by Suma of Veggie Platter, originally started by Indira of Mahanandi and also to Vegetable Marathon - Beans hosted by Silpa of Anita's Kitchen