Saturday, August 16

Sun-dried Tomato,Almond and Cilantro pesto

After a long time of gap I made italian food at home. My husband is a great fan of Italian food, where as I was initially reluctant towards it as it is too bland for my taste buds. But gradually I got used to the taste and now I love to have it every once in a while. I just made a simple pesto, to go along with angel hair pasta. My daughter who is two year old also loves to eat pasta and pizzas. I was so satisfied when she loved to have it over and over again.

Here is the recipe:


3 big fist full of Angel hair pasta cooked in lots of salt water

For pesto:
1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Almonds toasted slightly
1/2 cup Cilantro
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes
2 tbsp EVOO
Salt as per taste

Take all the pesto ingredients into a blender and blend into a coarse paste. Drain pasta reserving some water to add to pesto as needed. Add pesto to the pasta and mix nicely until everything is well blended. If it is too dry, add the pasta cooked water to get to the right consistency. Thats it pasta with delicious pesto is ready.


This is off to DK of Culinary Bazaar for her AWED with the theme being Italian Food.

7 comments:

Rajani said...

hi hima, this looks really nice - never tasted this kind before, sounds tangy and with a great blend of flavours.

Shreya said...

this looks great. I have not had it before, nice recipe.

Uma said...

pasta looks so delicious Hima! but, why the pictures are in black & white? Your new template is cool.

Usha said...

Looks delicious,I loved the pesto idea a lot will try it sometime soon:)

dindintonight said...

Sun dried tomatoes and cilantro pesto sounds amazing Hima! :-)

Meera said...

Pesto looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing.

Sia said...

simply gorgeous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More