Thursday, August 21

Announcing new event - Sunday Snacks

At my place, saturdays are busiest days and sundays are slightly relaxed days. Saturday we go out for chores, movies, meet friends etc., where as on sunday we stay back at home, making preparations for the coming week. And in the evenings we sit in front of TV with any snack. So, I am here by calling all the foodies to contribute for that lazy sunday snacks. Every month I will pick an ingredient or theme based on which we will come up with only snacks and nothing else. Keep in mind, desserts like, cakes, cup cakes, muffins, cookies, and sweets like, jilebi, jaangri, burfi etc., are also considered as snacks in my books. Rice items, like pulihora, pulav etc., are slightly heavy but acceptable. So hope you will all be ready to contribute for this event.

The last date for your entries will be every last sunday of that month and by following sunday I will post the round up. Like with my previous event Whats Your Favorite (currently being hosted by EC) you do not have to send me the pictures. If necessary I will collect them from your blog. I just need the following information:

Your Name
Recipe Name
Recipe URL

It is that simple, so hope to see you all with lovely entries by next September last Sunday. Send in your entries to sundaysnack@gmail.com.

The theme for the month is Bake it. Please feel free to use the below logo and spread the word.


Images courtesy: Google Search

You can send any number of entries, there is no limit.

Note: The posts from this blog are not getting updated on TOI. To stay updated please subscribe here by clicking the subscribe links provided on the top left corner.

35 comments:

sowmya said...

will come up with something soon..i have something in my mind for this weekend..

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

WOW... That sounds so good.

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

do u accept non-veg...

Usha said...

Sounds interesting,let me see what I can cook up for your event:)

Sangeeth said...

cool....can we repost old entries ?

Hima said...

You can sure repost the old entries.. and though I am vegetarian I do not want to restrict to vegetarian only, so you can sure post non-veg too.

Shri said...

Interesting event!!Sure i am in

Uma said...

thanks for informing hima! I will definitely participate in this yummy event! But one doubt, do we have to bake something for this as I saw the theme is Bake in?

Illatharasi said...

Thanks Hima for letting me know about this... definitely will participate :)

BTW, is that we need to send only baked items?

Vibaas said...

Interesting event. Can't wait for the round up to learn new recipes ;-) Will try to send something too.

Hima said...

Yes please!, Only baked snacks are allowed

Bhawana said...

Hi Hima, thanks for dropping by my blog. Surely I will try for this event. You have a nice blog. Added you in my blog roll.

Priti said...

Nice event dear..will try to send something

usha said...

I came to ur blog thru srivalli's.. i am glad i found ur event announcement... i will try to participate...

Cham said...

Thanks Hima to invite me. Sure i will send my snack to ur event.

Divya Vikram said...

Nice theme..Will send in something.

Madhuram said...

That's an interesting idea Hima. I also always think what to prepare as a light snack. I think I'm going to get a lot of recipes now. Will send my entry.

jayasree said...

Came here from Valli's. I have alaready one ready to be posted. So I am in.

Srivalli said...

Nice event Hima..but got to check out as I don't bake much!..maybe next time..all the best with hosting!

Medhaa said...

Nice Event, as a matter of fact its saturday and I have something baking in the oven. Will send in my entry

Divya said...

Hey Hima..thats a wonderful event!!I am sure gonna bookmark the round-up..;-)Will try to come up with a snack,I've got time till next Sunday right?

Hima said...

You have got time upto last sunday of sept. divya.

Dibs said...

Hi Hima - Thanks for dropping by. I am not a major baker ...yet! I have plenty of 'non-bake' Sunday TV snacks though! I will try to participate... :-)

Rhea Mitra Dalal said...

Hi Hima,
Nice to see you dropped by on my blog :)
Will try to come up with a baked snack for this event..
Thanks for inviting me!!

Yasmeen said...

hi hima,
just discovered your event. i have a baked goodie for your event. I'll send you soon before sunday :)

Sukanya said...

You have a wonderful blog.Have just submitted my entry for your event

DK said...

aaah! did u read my mind? Making snacks during weekends is a must for me thanks to better half at home!!!!!!!! Will send u an entry soon

hugs

Kitchen Flavours said...

Hi dear, I just sent my entries to the event. Please check out.

Shifali said...

Hi Hima,

I did send you 2 entry for the Snack event but was not sure whether you have received it. Could you please confirm? I am sorry to bother you this way, but I am new to blogging and really excited about it!!!!!!!

raaji said...

sure will send in an entry.....

raaji said...

sure will send in an entry.....

Sangeeth said...

snet my entries ...hope u got them

vandana rajesh said...

First time here...nice blog...wonderful event .Would send in my entry soon(good theme).

Soma said...

Hi

I am new around here. I have sent you a mail and sent my entry for this event.

You have a nice blog.
thanks
Soma

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More