Tuesday, June 24

Spicy Vegetable Fried Rice

Its been long time I have not been updating my site. Every now and then I am taking a break. There are various personal reasons for that. Anyways, somehow I am once again trying to be back and post some more awesome recipes here. For atleast this month not sure about the next month though.

Coming to the fried rice, I was never a big fan of indo-chinese fried rice. I always felt it was way too bland for my taste buds. I only like dry manchurian so never tried the fried rice with manchurian gravy. One good thing about trying these at home is that you can adjust seasonings as per you taste level. So, this time I gave it a try to make the vegetable fried rice at home and win over myself. To my surprise, I did nail it and I liked. You can have this with some tomato ketchup and yet it tastes great.

Here is the recipe:



2 cups Basmati Rice (Uncooked)
3 carrots
3/4 cup chopped cabbage
1/2 medium green bell pepper
1/3 cup frozen french cut green beans
3 green chillies chopped very fine (adjust as per your taste)
1/2" ginger piece grated
2 garlic cloves chopped very fine
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp red chilli sauce
Salt and pepper as per your taste
4 tbsp Oil

1. Wash thoroughly and cook basmati rice in electric rice cooker with few drops of oil. Once done, spread it on a tray and cool. Make sure rice is not mushy.

2. In a wok, pour the oil and add ginger, green chillies and garlic. Once they turn golden brown colour add all the vegetables and add some salt and pepper.

3. Let them cook until half done on slightly high heat. Now add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and add the cooked rice. Make sure the vegetables are not completely cooked, it should have a bite to it.

4. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.



Thats it, fried rice is ready to be served. That is such an easy process and filling too.

Sending this to Dhivya of Culinary bazar for A.W.E.D with the theme being Chinese food and also to Easycrafts of Simple Indian Food for her Mixed Rice Varieties Event.

10 comments:

Asha said...

Looks yum, great entry for both!:)

srikars kitchen said...

Fantastic click and yummy receipe... great click..

Archana said...

looks yummy. BTW Hima I am hosting a ONE DISH MEAL EVENT I would love for you to participate. The details for the event are in my website.

Vanamala said...

Thanks for ur nice comment.
Nice & Different method urs fried rice.

Uma said...

delicious fried rice.

Daily Meals said...

Looks yummy and spicy Hima!

easycrafts said...

Colourful and healthy rice...thanks for participating

Richa said...

hi Hima, how hv u been?
fried rice looks yum :)

Aparna said...

Looks good. I personally like Indo chinese! And you can't keep my daughter away from manchurian.
Thanks for coming by my kitchen, Hima.

D said...

Where ere u for soo long? Hope u r doing good. I love fried rice. They r so simple and so delicious. I love your pic - its been awhile since I made one - will do it tonight :) Thanks for sending me this drooly entry :)

DK
http://culinarybazaar.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More