Thursday, March 20

Minestrone Soup

My husband is a great fan of Italian food and his favorite restaurant is Olive Garden. After getting married, he introduced me to this restaurant. Initially I wasn't much impressed with the dishes served there. I thought they were kinda bland for me. Gradually I started loving the food there. I love eggplant parmesan, fettuccine alfredo and five cheese baked ziti. I also like the fact that they serve these dishes with endless salad and soup. Being vegetarians we find only minestrone soup is the only choice we have to order. And believe me it tastes heavenly. Recently I started trying some of the italian recipes at home. One such experiment is this Minestrone soup.

Here is the recipe I followed:


1 carrot
1 zucchini
1 small onion (I used 1/2 Medium onion)
1 Roma tomato
Few Green beans
3 small garlic cloves
4 cups Vegetable Broth (I used Organics brand)
3 cups water
1/2 cup shell pasta
1 14 oz can Great Northern beans (you can use white beans)
1 tsp dry oregano
1 tsp dry Italian herbs
1 tbsp Olive oil (I used EVOO)
Salt and pepper as per taste

Heat oil in a big wide pan and add garlic cloves and onion. Saute until onion is translucent. Now add carrots, tomato, broth, water, pasta, beans, oregano and italian herbs. Let it come to a boil then add green beans and zucchini. Lower the flame and on medium flame, let it cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste. Remove from heat. While serving sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy.

14 comments:

Dhivya said...

wow!i love these!

Uma said...

looks good. Yummy!

Cynthia said...

The soup looks delicious.

Jayashree said...

I love the food at Olive Garden....and minestrone is my favourite. Your bowl of soup looks good.

Homecooked said...

Wow...your soup looks amazing!!!

Homecooked said...

Wow...your soup looks amazing!!!

Happy cook said...

I love this italian soup.
One of ourfamily favourite

ranji said...

this is the only other soup we buy apart from tomato....love these:)

Trupti said...

soup looks delicious..
Happy Holi !!

Mansi Desai said...

Ministerone is my hubby's fav too:) looks good Hima!:) btw, do try to see if you can participate in WBB event I'm hosting this month:)

Sagari said...

soup looks so comforting hima and I love maagaya pappu recipe a lot

Daily Meals said...

Soup looks yummy...

ANJALI J. said...

wow!! im ready to have it now :D

Coffee & Vanilla said...

I just prepared soup from this recipe, delicious :)

You can take a look at it here:
http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/?p=2015

Have a great weekend, Margot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More