Thursday, January 31

Sev puri and Mirchi Bajji for Game Night Party

Once upon a time, I use to watch religiously cricket and Lawn Tennis. After coming to US I don't get to watch them anymore and I am out of touch with them as well. I have no clue who is playing for the indian cricket team anymore. Sometimes I do still watch Tennis here. My husband is a die hard fan of Spurs (as we stay in San Antonio) and watches every Basketball game without fail. So, I too got used to watching them along with them. One good thing with this game is that it will be done in couple of hours. So I usually make some snacks for him that goes well with the beer. Few of them to name are Onion Pakodi, masala vada or mirchi bajji. So here I present my favorite Sev puri and his favorite mirchi bajji for the Game Night Party event being hosted by Mansi Desai of Fun and Food.

Sev Puri:


1 Boiled potato (peeled and chopped)
Small red onion
Small tomato
Few chickpeas (canned)
Chaat masala
Sev
Tamarind chutney
Coriander chutney
Few Pani puris
Chopped cilantro

A closer look at the sev puri

Make a hole to the pani puri and stuff with couple of chickpeas, potato, onion and tomato. Sprinkle some chaat masala as per your taste on each puri. Top them with tamarind and coriander chutneys. If you like you may put some yogurt/dahi too. I did use a little. Top them with sev and chopped coriander leaves/cilantro. Sprinkle some chaat masala again on top of each sev puri and serve them. Easy to make and tastes delicious.

Recipe for Mirchi bajji can be found here. I followed almost the same method except for few changes.

1. I made them with indian large green chillies.

2. I added 1/4 cup of rice flour to the batter recipe.

3. I stuffed some mirchis with potato stuffing. Take a boiled potato, add to that little chaat masala and salt and stuff that into the chillies.

4. I cut couple of mirchi bajjis into three pieces and fried them in the hot oil to make cut mirchi.

Rest of the procedure is same as mentioned in that recipe. Cut open the mirchi bajjis, stuff with some chopped onion, sprinkle chaat masala and squeeze little lime juice. Take a bite and I assure, you will love it. My husband loves them to have as a side dish while having his beer.

Enjoy guys.

16 comments:

Mansi Desai said...

Looks great Hima! thanks so much for participating! my hubby would love the mirchi bhajiyas:)

Pooja V said...

Looks Great !! i am drooling completely :P.

Dhivya said...

Hi hima..great entry,,,Looks yummy,,,Bet it tasted good...

Cynthia said...

I want to sit next to your platters of goodies on games night :)

Siri said...

Hima - both the Sevpuri and Mirchi bajji are drooooooooooooooooling .. I m sitting on ur other side in the party hehehe..:D

~ Siri

Padmaja said...

Hima!! Love both the recipes!!! Perfect for any party isin't it!!!
I am keeping myself away from deep fried stuff and here you are tempting with those wonderful dishes!!!

Daily Meals said...

Hi Hima! Both the snacks look mouth watering.

Rajitha said...

Ooh! hima..so good..would gladly come to ur place just for those two ;)

Alpa said...

i'm so coming over! we watch the Rockets here in Houston but i definitely don't mind watching Tony Parker :)

Namratha said...

Ohhhh Hima, this is torture.....drolling over it...too good :D

Richa said...

ooh! sev puri, am ready with a spoon :)

Manasi said...

I'd like to come over for the goodies.. not the game!! I have this TERRIBLE weakness for sev puri and pakodas too! Ohhhhhhhh!

Happy cook said...

I am not a sports fan at all.
But i am sure a fan of that plate of sev puri and baji.
They both looks so selicious and yummy

masalamagic said...

These look yummy Hima! I love the sev puri - i'm hungry now :-(
San Antonio Spurs - i love to watch them in Action too! We are Basketball fans at home too!

vimmi said...

Both dishes look so good, game or no game.

Sagari said...

both recipes are one of my fav I can have them as maincourse than apeitizer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More