Cornflakes are my favorite breakfast everyday morning. Yes, true, I said everyday morning. I can't enough of those nice crispy honey bunches of oats with almonds. Ah! heaven! with some fat free milk and a fruit in it.
The reasons I came up with this french toast and pancakes:
1. The bread was getting spoiled and its expiry date is 8th of november. So I need to hurry up to complete them.
2. Bananas are riped and will get spoiled soon. So I had to use them off.
3. Bisquick which I bought a while ago is still there in refrigerator.
4. Cornflakes being my favorite breakfast, Nags has asked us to come up with a breakfast for this month.
I thought perfect, how would it be if I can use all these and make a breakfast, so that is the reason for the birth of Flaky French Toast. So here is the recipe:
1 cup bisquick
1/4 cup fat free milk and more as required
2 tsp honey (optional)
a dash of cinnamon (optional)
2 Whole grain light bread (40 calorie bread)
1 cup cornflakes (I used honey bunches of oats which has cornflakes, whatflakes, oats and almonds)
1. Mash banana with fork in a bowl, to that add the bisquick, milk and honey. Whisk until they combine together. Add cinnamon and combine.
2. Take little portion of the above batter add some more milk to that and make a little pouring consistency of the batter.
3. Toast couple of bread slices in the toaster until it becomes slightly crispy. Mash the cornflakes with your hands. Make sure you do not make a soft powder of it. They should be somewhere like oats size.
4. Take the bread out, dip one by one in the batter first and then toss them in the flakes.
5. Heat a non-stick pan, spray some non-stick spray in the pan preferably butter flavour. Set these bread slices in the pan and fry on both sides on medium heat until they are done.
6. Serve them with maple syrup and a dollop of fat free whipping cream.
Isn't it a perfect breakfast? You have banana, pancake mix, bread and cereal. It is a perfect combination of all the breakfasts into one.
These two plates are going to WBB #17 event hosted by Nags of For The Cook In Me.