Friday, October 5

Khaman Dhokla - Microwave cooking.

Today I made Khaman Dhokla which I previously posted here, once again. One reason is that my husband is die hard fan of it. He craves for them every now and then and another reason, I wanted to submit this for Microwave Easy Cooking Event hosted by Srivalli of Cooking 4 All Seasons. The theme for this month is Snacks, and how can I miss that. For the past two months I missed contributing to this event. The moment I saw the theme, I decided to make this, so that I can very lovingly satisfy hubby darling's craving too. There is one other important reason. That is I know for sure that I will not get tempted and put even one cube into my mouth. That will not disturb my diet you see.


I have already posted this recipe earlier and I followed the same procedure except for one change is that I did not have ENO- fruit salt at hand so had to use Baking Soda instead. The rest the same as given in that post. You may refer here for the original recipe.


After mixing the entire batter, I poured into a microwave safe bowl (you may see in the picture) and set in microwave for 5 min. Take out, cool and take it into a plate. Season it with mustard seeds, chopped curry leaves, a dash of hing in a tsp of oil.


This is my entry for Microwave Easy Cooking Event hosted by Srivalli of Cooking 4 All Seasons.

14 comments:

Asha said...

I thought of making this too. Love the Eno salt,works like a miracle!:))

Padma said...

Wow..... Lovely entry, looks great and out of m/w...its cool, Hima

Hima said...

Thanks asha and padma.

Sharmi said...

the dhokla looks so lovely! its long since I have made some. have to make sometime!

Hima said...

Thanks Sharmi.

Mansi Desai said...

Wow Hima, this looks yummy! I generally make it in a steamer, but will try the microwave next time!:)

btw, hope you can find some time to send in an entry to AFAM-peach event over on my blog this month!:)

TBC said...

You made that in the MW? It looks fabulous!

Sirisha Kilambi said...

Hima...Looks great dear...I have tried Dhokla before...It didn't come out so well...I wanted a porous texture.....I did not get one.....:-)

Hima said...

Thanks Mansi, I already posted, I just have to send it. I must say I am a bit lazy ;-)

Thanks TBC and Sirisha, That I made for my husband, I somehow do not like dhokla.

srivalli said...

Thanks for the wonderful entry...this is my fav...so will surely try this out...

Hima said...

Thanks Srivalli, please try and let me know how did it turn out.

vilma said...

Hi i tried dhokla in microwave i added soda but it changed the color into red.

Hima said...

Hi vilma, thats the problem with baking soda, sometimes it does change the color to slightly red. Try using ENO -fruit salt if possible, that will not make turn it into red. I learned that from my past experiences.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Did you cover the bowl in MW??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More