Tuesday, October 16

FAHC - Donate Smiles

While I was in India, I use to save coins of rupee, two rupee and five rupee and when I travel in the train I make sure I have that collection with me. I think you all guys must have understood what for. I can't stop myself feeling for those children who sweep the floor of the train with their shirt and ask for a rupee coin. I make sure to donate a rupee to that child. I know a rupee will not change his life but atleast I will feel happy that I am not shrugging off my shoulders from my responsibility as a human. Looking at me those people who are unwilling to lend also pull out coins and donate the money. Believe me or not by mistake I came to US with the collection of coins in my bag :-) While coming through the checking the guy made me to open the bag and I noticed there was a hole in the bag and all the collection of coins went below and I did not notice that. Well, jokes apart, I may not alone make a difference to the lives of those children whom I want to give my helping hand but if I can join a group and donate that little money then sure as a group we can make a markable difference in their lives. Vijay K Narayanan of My Dhaba has took the intiative and let us all food and non-food bloggers join our hands and donate some amount as much as we can for the noble cause.


feedahungrychild.org is a not-for-profit charitable organization formed in a collaborative effort of the like-minded people from all around the world. It aims to replace the empty plates of the underprivileged children and replace them with ones of food. While FAHC addresses the holistic needs of each children it supports, it believes illiteracy, malnutrition, and other concerns can only be addressed when hunger is appeased.

Read more about FAHC here and join the club by donating and you know what, you can win some fabulous prizes for amounts equal to or more than $25. For further more details click here.

You can donate by clicking Chip In in the FAHC site on the left side. You can pay securely with credit card/bank account or with paypal account. Make your mark guys go ahead.

6 comments:

Roopa said...

its really pathetic to see kids of that age work. Whenever i visit India my kids have a lot of questions with the condition they see!

our support truly atleast bring some difference !

Indira said...

Hima, thanks very much for contributing to this fund-drive and writing about it. I greatly appreciate your support.

Hima said...

Thats true roopa, I agree with you.

Thanks Indira, my pleasure.

Sirisha Kilambi said...

Now I am particularly sensitive to this issue - child labor......
I used to watch kids less than my age (who are not even mature enough) work and toil in the shops and I used to feel so embarrassed when I find myself enjoying life......I used to plead in my mind....When i grow up...I have to make some difference in their lives.......Opportunities like these are very useful....Thanks dear...I became very emotional now lol...

Sia said...

wonderful write up hima... i already chiped in:)

A kitchen scientist & a white rat hubby!!! said...

Hi Hima, I have sent you my entry for the event..could you please confirm receipt..
cheers,
sona

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More