Thursday, September 20

Two girls story....

I still remember last year in the month of September, my doctor asked me to get admitted into hospital. I was so nervous, so was my husband. So we became busy packing the necessary things and got admitted into the hospital on September 19th. The nurses there greeted with their warm welcome and gave me a gown to change into. One nurse came to fix the IV, she rubbed on one of my hands with alcohol, well, she was trying to find the vein, she failed and moved on to another hand. I saw this hand bleeding and poor me who is scared of needles and pokes etc., got scared and asked her did she poke me, I dint feel anything as such. She replied, oh well, I have no idea, I just rubbed with alcohol and then it started bleeding. Hmm.. there was nothing I could say, I kept quite. She started on the other hand, she poked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and I was praying God, please help me, this lady is doing keema of my hand. She was unable to find the vein and she kept saying sorry sweety, sorry honey ... no luck. I told her to try on the back of the wrist which is easy to find, she did not listen to me, finally after her supervisor said its fine, then she saved me by finding the vein at one poke. Cool, one down, how many more to go??? was the question.

Next day, a lady came to me to give epidural (Epidural? well you guys guessed, I joined hospital for delivery). She poked once, and goes, oh sorry honey, I missed, let me try once again. Devuda, emi jarugutondi (God, whats happening, why me? you know I dont like needles, and nothing is successful on one shot). The doctor induced but no success, I think my daughter was happy inside me and din't want to come out. The doctor came in the evening and said ok thats it, we have to operate and get the baby out. Now I started shivering, guess why... the IV was not successful at one shot, the epidural was not successful at one shot, god tell me honestly do you think doctor will be successful at one shot??? Well, I had no other go but to keep my mouth shut and go into operation room, by September 20th, 2006 at 7.38 pm my little princess was born. A moment of silence, tears dropped out of my eyes, looking at her... and nothing more to say, I forgot all the pain ... and the rest of the healing process went on which I don't even remember now.

That was an auspicious day for us (me and my husband) and the same auspicious day has turned today to celebrate her one year birthday. And need not say, we did celebrate with some delicious dishes and my daughter got dressed up in my favorite attire (pattu langa). We went to temple in the evening, had some good time at a restaurant and pretty soon the day was over. Isn't it amazing to see your kids to grow so soon... Hmm... or is it me being so emotional on this special day? May God bless her with Health and Wealth....

16 comments:

Asha said...

I wish lot of health and happiness to her and to you too Hima.They do grow up fast, cherish every moment!:))

Hima said...

Thank you asha. That is so sweet of you.

Sharmi said...

Heyyyyy, happy b'day to the little one. hope she is haveing a great day.

Hima said...

Thanks sharmi, oh ya she is having fun time...

Rajitha said...

haapy belated birthday to your daughter hima....

Roopa said...

happy bday to the little one :) seeing the joy of the little one wish helps us to foget and let go all our pain that is the wonders of mother and child :)enjoy!

TBC said...

Birthday wishes to your little girl!

Hima said...

Thanks rajitha, roopa and tbc. Thanks for all your wishes and blessings.

Cynthia said...

Happy birthday to the sweet little one! May all her days be blessed.

Hima said...

Thank you cynthia.

Pravs said...

Cherish every moment with your baby. Happy b'day to the little one.

Sreelu said...

Hima, papaki puttina roju shubakhanalu, kids grow up so fast.enjoy and cherish every moment.wishing your little one many more Happy birthdays to come

A kitchen scientist & a white rat hubby!!! said...

kids are our greatest tresures, hima..great entertainers..cherish every single moment with them!!!

Hima, I have sent my entry to the WYF-Snacks event.,..could you confirm recepit of it , please.. I see that most of the recipe entries, lands up in spam..the net just doesnt like fud, or what!!!

Padma said...

Mee papa ku happy birthday wishes and lots of luv and hugs!

Siri said...

Dear Hima,

Me ammayiki modati samvatsara hardika subhakanshalu...:DD.. and ur post was so moving as if some friend of mine is infront of me and narrating her experiences. :D

Hima said...

Thanks to one and all for wishing and blessing my little one.

Siri that was touching. Thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More