Tuesday, August 14

Banana Nut Cup Cakes

The regular visitors to this site would might know by now, how much I am fond of muffins. Every now and then I try to make atleast half a dozen muffins and store in a box. Well, I called these as cup cakes because I followed the recipe for cake. I was very much pleased with the way they turned out, very moist and melting in the mouth. Simply Great.


The source for this recipe is Banana Butter Cake posted by Puspha of PuSiVa'S CuLiNarY StUdiO.

With some modifications to the original recipe I made these cup cakes with no frosting though. I wish I could but they were tasty without any more additions required.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Oats flour ( Grinded some Oldfashioned Oats to make the flour )
6 tbsp Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup Mashed bananas + 1/4 cup mashed bananas ( to replace 1 egg )
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
a fist full of walnuts

1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.

2. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together.

3. Lay liners in to muffin moulds. Pour the mixture into them and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

The yummy moist spongy cup cakes are ready to be served.


Since there are many savory picnic items already sent to Anupama of Food-n-more for her Fun in the sun theme of Picnic Food event, I am sending these as dessert. I hope I made them little healthy to have them guiltless. Enjoy guys.

15 comments:

SeeC said...

Cupcakes look rich and inviting.
Great entry. Will check out the actual recipe sometime

Asha said...

Looks yummy! Great picnic item:))

Sharmi said...

I too make them in the form of bread.
It disappears in minutes.

Cynthia said...

Hi Hima, it is a pleasure to have you visit my blog and help me to discover yours.

So you like muffins eh? Well the it would make you happy to know that banana nut muffins/cakes are my favourite :)

I've added you to my feeds and please come back and visit when you can.

Hima said...

Hi SeeC, Thanks a lot.

Hi Asha, Ya they are great as picnic item especially with kids.

Hi Sharmi, ya you can make it as bread too. I prefer making in muffin moulds for two reasons, easy to carry, and you will know your portion to eat.

Hi Cynthia, It was nice knowing banana nut muffins are your favorite too. Thanks for adding me to your feeds. Will sure visit your blog frequently.

Richa said...

Muffins look so good, such a treat! Hey, had a request, would you like to look into removing word verification for commenting? Just a request.

Vcuisine said...

A handy snack at my place always. Could feel the smell of banana Hima. They are perfect. Viji

ramya said...

these r looking good. i never made cup cakes i only buy them :) but will try. maybe when my daughter starts eating them.

Hima said...

Hi Richa, Thanks and your request is processed. I removed the Word verification for commenting.

Hi Viji, Thank you so much.

Hi Ramya, Thanks and I am sure your daughter will also like them as my daughter did. She is 11 months old and she was behind her father to feed her.

Madhavi said...

Banana nut muffins are looking good hima.these muffins are waiting to be tried in my "to do list" from very long time. Thinking of the banana smell from those muffins Iam just backing off everytime.This time i'll surely pull myself into it.

Hima said...

Hi madhavi, Thank you and if you do not like banana smell then you can try any other muffin. I have a category dedicated to eggless muffins, you can try any other variation.

Saju said...

hiya, just found your blog. great recipes

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

This is looking YUM!....Perfect picnic food....Love them ...

Kumudha said...

Wow! wonderful cupcakes!

I also love the fact that they are vegan!

I will try this recipe in a couple of days.

Puspha said...

Thank u very much for trying out the recipe. Those cupcakes look moist & yummy. Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More