Monday, July 2

Vegetable Biryani

Sometimes when you are lazy and don't want to cook one complete meal with rice, curries, dals etc., you may prefer making this. Just make biryani and some raitha to go along with it and done. This is an easy way that I found out and I always make this whenever I am in hurry or lazy. Whenever we have parties at home, this will be on top of my list as it is easy and elegant. I am sure many of you will be following the same procedure, I am posting this especially for my brother who stays away from me and loves biryani. I hope this helps him and some bachelors out there in making it at home. And I believe that once in a while little semi-home made style is also okay. There is a big mexican fan to this dish at my husband's office :-)

A plate of Veg. Biryani with Onion Raitha

Ingredients:
3 cups of Basmati rice (This will be great for any pulav/biryani, so prefer this)
2 tbsp Badshah Biryani/Pulav Masala Powder(I used many varieties, but I fell in love with this flavor, if any one did not try this then, I strongly recommend to try once)
2 tsp Ginger - Garlic paste (I used store bought)
1 cup Mixed vegetables ( I used cauliflower, potato, onion, green peas, carrots. If you have you may use mint also. The flavor will be terrific. I did not have so I did not put.)
2 Serrano Peppers
3 tbsp oil
Salt as per taste

1. Heat oil in a big wide pan and add to that the vegetables. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 2 min.

2. In the mean time wash cleanly the rice. Set aside.

3. To the vegetables add the ginger-garlic paste and biryani masala powder. Mix them all together. Now add the rice and fry for a minute.

4. Shift this into a Rice Cooker and add enough water (Add about 6 cups water, 1:2 ratio, 1 cup rice, 2 cups water). Add Salt and set the rice cooker and let the biryani cook.

5. Take it into a serving plate and serve with raitha or any kurma of your choice. We usually make bagara baingan and alu kurma to go along with it. I will post them pretty soon here.


So my bro hope you are happy to see this here. Hope you will make it soon and let me know how did you find it to be. Enjoy..........

1 comments:

Vcuisine said...

Hi Hima, Thanks for dropping by. Vegetable Biryani looks nice. Viji

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More