Wednesday, July 18

Orange Coconut Muffins and Meme

This is the first time I was tagged for Meme by two of my co-bloggers Deena of Cook with love and Laavanya of Cookery Corner. Thanks to both of you. Never analysed myself earlier but will sure try to chalk down 7 random points about me.

My Inspiration In Life: My Dad. He fought in his life for what he is today. He started his professional life at 17 years and completed his polytechnic while working. After great struggle he is now Vice President to a company. Though I am not as good as him, but sure followed his foot steps. I started my professional life at 17 years and completed my graduation and post graduation while working. Though it was not necessary for me financially to do so, but I wanted to be more independent and follow the foot steps of my Dad.

My Educational and Professional Life: By qualification a I am post graduate of Commerce. Well actually my educational life is full of twists and turns. I stepped out of home after my SSC to pursue my higher education. Joined MPC (Computers) in Intermediate and passed out with a good percentage. That is the time I heard about NIIT and decided to complete one year course. Later took up job and completed Graduation and Post Graduation. Once again I went back to NIIT to complete the remaining course in order to get the GNIIT certificate which could lead me into a better job and an MNC. Ooph!! so that is the long path I took to end up what I am today. Right now, I enjoy working from home as a software engineer.

My Strengths: Determination and strong will. Being Taurian I must say that I am a bit stubborn and head strong too. If I think of achieving something, I don't rest until I achieve it. My brothers and now my husband agree to that.

My Weakness: Emotional. Very Very emotional and sentimental. With respect to food ICE CREAM. And now my Daughter who is 10 months old. Can't live without her.

My Favorite Food & Food That I Hate: As I said I love ICE CREAM any flavor, of all Vanilla. Love street foods like, all kinds of chaats (samosa, patties, papri), pani puri etc., Bakery foods like Curry Puffs ( I make them better than bakeries), pastries and pizzas. I love the pizza hut veggie lovers pizza substituting pickled Jalapenos instead of mushrooms. Now mexican food got added to the list. I am not a big fan of sweets but love spicy food. I guess I did not leave any items to hate but still there are couple of fruits that I hate to put into my mouth like Jack fruit, Papaya, Kharbuja. I hate white bread, it smells odd to me. I still remember, my hostel warden forced me to eat one while I was sick. I hardly ate 1/4th of the bread and threw up. She immediately realized the problem and left saying you can have anything that you like. I hate idlis. I eat them once in a while but not crazy about it. I can happily skip if I have alternative. Do not like Mushrooms.

My Hobbies: Cooking varities of dishes. Anything that catches my eye, I would like to try it at home. Listening to Indian Music and Watching dancing (I don't sing and dance though). The only books that I read are computer books. Those are good enough to keep me busy as I have to update myself from time to time.

My Likes And Dislikes: Like to travel and visit various places. Like to hangout with friends, though I don't have many of them, I am very choosy when it comes to friends. Do not like people with attitude be it girl or boy.

On the whole a satisfying life till today. Oh btw, I tag Green Chillies of Curry Bites
Madhoori of Indian Vegetarian Recipes, Swapna Susarla of Tastes From My Kitchen.

And now its time to know about Orange Coconut Muffins. I came across this recipe online couple of months back and wanted to try it out. With little of changes here and there I must tell you, these turned out great. I am always in search of eggless baking recipes. It was then that I came across this one. The original recipe called for oat bran which I substituted with oat flour. I grinded some old fashioned oats in the mixie and used it instead of oat bran. For eggs, recently I happened to buy Ener-G Egg Replacer in SunHarvest, so I used it. Here is the recipe:


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Oat Flour
1 cup Sugar ( I used 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar )
1 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Fat free milk
1/4 cup Orange juice
1 1/2 tsp Orange zest
1/2 cup Shredded coconut ( I used shredded dessicated coconut )
1/4 cup Butter ( You may use Canola or Corn oil as the original recipe called for )
1 1/2 tsp Egg Replacer ( As per the instructions on the box )
2 tbsp Spring water

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the muffin pan or line up with liners and set aside.

2. Combine all dry ingredients. I added a fist full of raisins and walnuts to add little crunch.

3. Pour in all the wet ingredients all at a time and mix to bring all together. The batter will be little thick.

4. Pour the batter into each muffin cup and top them with some coconut and sugar.

5. Bake them for 20 - 25 min or until the tops turn golden brown. Remember to bake them on the middle oven rack.


Here are the muffins ready to be served. Enjoy.

This is my second entry to WBB #13 - Oats hosted by My Food Court.

12 comments:

Asha said...

Hi Hima,love Ice Cream? Watch out for next week at FH.This week it's just Punjabi!:))
Good to read your MeMe.So great to read all the tidbits of your life.
Muffins are so yum and Oat flour too,my fav!
See you later.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Hi

Nice to read your meme!!! Good collection of recipes

Muffins are so yummy!!

swapna susarla said...

Hi hima
thanku for tagging me.muffins are looking good.

Roopa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roopa said...

Hi Hima nice to know you :) the muffins look delicious and yum nice entry

Sharmi said...

lovely looking muffin dear. I have bookmarked it. the meme was very nice . most of it maches except the idly part hehehe... I am crazy about idlis.

Prema Sundar said...

Hi Hima,
Thanks for visiting my Blog. Muffins look moist and spongy.Nice reading ur meme.

Srivalli said...

nice meme...I also love pizza from pizza hut...and your muffins look great....

Srivalli
www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com

Richa said...

those muffins look delicious, coconut & orange shud make a good combo :) nice to know more about u.

Pravs said...

It was good reading your meme and getting to know you.I am a taurian too and can identify to certain characteristics :D
Muffine looks really good.

Vcuisine said...

The muffins and meme are great. It's really interesting to know each other more than food sometimes. Viji

Mansi Desai said...

wow, those orange muffins look so inviting!! i wish there was a way to convert pics to food by the power of your mind...hehee...

-Mansi
http://funnfud.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More