Tuesday, July 3

Custard Ice Cream

I scream for ICE CREAM any where any time. No boundaries at all. Any ice cream can satisfy me, starting from 5 Rs. cup ice cream to Cassata. My husband always picks on me saying that I am totally a kid when it comes to ice cream. And on my every birthday, he makes sure he gets me ice cream. First half of my pregnancy I ate ice cream regularly and second half I was forced to diet because of my gestational diabetes :-(



I like this ice cream right from my childhood. My mom use to make this and she is pretty famous for this ice cream. Every one in my family loves this ice cream. Hope you will also love it. Here is it:

Ingredients:1/2 Ltr Milk (preferable whole milk)
2 tbsp Custard Powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1. Take 3 tbsp milk from the 1/2 ltr milk into another cup and add custard powder to that milk.

2. Heat the remaining milk on the stove until it boils. When it starts boiling, add sugar and wait until everything melts.
3. Slowly add the custard mixture to the boiling milk and stir continuously for 2 min.

4. Remove from stove and let it cool, keep stirring occasionally so that no layer forms on top.

5. Take it into another bowl and refrigerate it for 5 to 6 hours.

6. Take it out of the refrigerator. Cut it into chunks and put into blender. Blend it for a while until it becomes mushy. Take it back into the same bowl and refrigerate it back in the refrigerator. I let it refrigerate it for the night.

7. Next day morning took it out of the refrigerator, took it into the blender and blended it. This time serve it immediately. It will be cool, mushy and soft. The remaining ice cream you can refrigerate it back and microwave before serving next time. You may add some fruits of your choice and have it cool cool.... Enjoy......


This is going to Monthly Mingle hosted by Meeta at What's for Lunch Honey

7 comments:

Sangeeta said...

Hima, this is sooooooooo sinfully good. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Arts said...

yummy.. evn I loooooove ice-cream.. will see if i get some custard powder here.. thx for sharing! :)

Roopa said...

yumm wonderful custard flavoured icecream.

Richa said...

that looks delicious :)

Hima said...

Thanks to all

Anonymous said...

do I refrigerate this or freeze it??

Hima said...

Sorry! freeze it. I will have to change it in the post. Thanks for pointing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More