So I decided to make Spicy Pasta and Pizzas and here is what I made:
A pizza with pineapple, vegetables and red chillies. This is a pizza that I survived on when I was in Colombo, Srilanka. This is a pan pizza served by Pizza Hut over there. It tastes great trust me. My husband too liked it luckily.
A pizza with vegetables, black olives and pickled jalapenos. One more variety of Pizza hut pizza that we normally order here.
A pizza that I love of all, Spinach pizza with Alfredo sauce and crushed red pepper served in one of my favorite pizza place called Cici's pizza.
Finally Spicy Pasta, this is a slightly twisted version of friend's original recipe which she will be posting on her blog very soon. I usually make this with cooked rice and for variation I made it with thin spaghetti.
Recipe for Spicy Pasta:
1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked thin spaghetti.
1 big onion
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp curry powder
2 small garlic cloves
5 small green chillies
2 to 3 tbsp coriander leaves
salt as per taste
1. Cook pasta until done in lots of salted water.
2. In a wide pan heat 2 tbsp oil and add very finely chopped green chillies, garlic, cumin seeds and saute until they turn golden brown.
3. Add thinly sliced onion to that and saute until they turn translucent. Add the curry powder, coriander leaves and saute for a minute. Add the cooked pasta and mix thoroughly to bring everything together. Pasta is ready to be served.
Recipe for first pizza:
1 ball of Pizza dough
some chopped vegetables like green bell pepper, red onion, tomato, pineapple ( no measurements needed you can add as many as you want and think enough )
couple of tbsp of Ragu's pizza sauce ( you may use any sauce that you like or have in hand )
1 dry red chilli deseeded and cut into small pieces
1. Pre-heat oven at 450 degrees F.
2. Roll out the pizza dough to 1/8th inch thick. Prick with fork and apply some oil on the top.
3. Spread sauce on top and add the vagetables. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and sprinkle desired amount of mozzarella cheese and the red chillies. Put it back into oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve the pizza.
Recipe for the second pizza:
Similar to the above except instead of pie apple and dry red chillies substitute with black olives and pickled jalapenos. Trust me taste differs a lot.
Recipe for third pizza:
1 ball pizza dough
2 tbsp of frozen spinach thawed ( Use fresh spinach if you have that tastes better)
2 to 3 tbsp Low fat Alfredo sauce ( I used store bought )
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1. Roll out the pizza ball into 1/8th inch thick and prick with fork. Apply some oil on top.
2. Spread alfredo sauce and sprinkle the spinach and crushed red pepper.
3. Bake for 15 to 18 min. in a 450 degrees F Oven.
So enjoy guys I had fun in making and munching them through out the afternoon. Hope you too will enjoy making them at your home.
Recipe for pizza dough:
2 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1 packet active dry yeast
1. Add yeast to the warm water and sprinkle the sugar on it. Mix the yeast into the water and leave aside for 5 minutes. You see some white foam forming on top.
2. Sift flour, salt together and add the oil to it.
3. Pour the yeast mixture into the flour, mix everything to form soft dough. Knead for 10 minutes, cover and let it rest for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. You willl see the dough becomes double in size. Divide the dough into three equal balls and use them for above pizzas.
So, this is my second entry to Nandita of Saffron Trail for JFI-August-Chillies.