Friday, June 8

Low-fat Eggless Apple - Blueberry Muffins

This is my first post in my blog SnackORama. Ofcourse I will try not only to post Snacks but also many other good food items.

The name of the recipe sounds too long, but I had to mention all of them. My aim was to bake muffins which are my favorite without butter and egg. Did not want butter because I am in the process of shedding away some weight these days and egg because I am not used to it ( being a brahmin girl I don't have them in my pantry). But ofcourse I eat eggs indirectly like in store bought muffins, cakes, pastries etc., After some research I came up with this recipe, which tasted good to me. So I wanted to share with all you guys out there. Did I forget to tell you, even my husband has restriction on butter because he has high tri-glycerides, though he looks much thinner than me :(

I found this recipe in http://www.fatfree.com and I made some changes.
So lets get started

Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar ( you can use 1/4 cup if you want little more sweeter)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup fat-free milk ( original recipe called for water)
1/4 cup apple sauce ( can you believe I used my 9 month old daughter's jar food )
3/4 cup apples and blueberries ( Original recipe called for only apples, I added blueberries because my husband likes blueberry muffins)
2 tbsp oil (I used canola oil. Original recipe did not have oil.)








1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.

2. Combine milk and apple sauce in another bowl.

3. Add apple to dry ingredients and mix to coat apple and blue berries.

4. Add the milk mixture and oil to dry ingredients.

5. Mix all of them to bring together and then spoon the batter into muffin tins. Fill upto 3/4 th of each cup.
6. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned, in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees F.

7. Muffins are ready to be served. Enjoy.



Suggestions:

1. Will not use the liners but will grease the cups and bake the batter directly in them. I found that the paper liner is getting sticked to the muffin.

2. You can add little more sugar, for about 2 tbsp more as the sugar level is little less right now, which is fine for us.

3. You may add 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder. I did not add it for two reasons one is since I added blueberries to the recipe and another is that I don't have it in my pantry. You may add it as apple and cinnamon go together well.

So enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea during your breakfast or snack time.

3 comments:

Madhuram said...

Hi hima,

Thank u for visiting my blog. You have my favorites, eggless muffin recipes. Love them all. Added to my list of recipes to be tried.

Radhika said...

Sounds yummy! Will give it a try!

cinnamon said...

Oh, I will absolutely try these for my afternoon coffee break, I'm going to make them now. Looks really delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More