Tuesday, June 12

Eggless - Butterless Orange Muffins

Yesterday while I was browsing through the net I happened to come across the blog Neivedyam - by Sharmi. I found out about the AFAM event and the fruit for this month is beautiful Oranges. My eyes shined and I felt strongly to contribute to the event. Through out the day I kept thinking what to cook. Then I thought how about bake. Then I decided why not do both. So, I ended up making two dishes for this event. This recipe of mine is based on BAKE:

Ingredients:1 cup All Purpose flour ( I used Bisquick as I had a lot of it in my pantry).
1/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup non-fat yogurt (You may use non-fat sour cream. I did not use that as it had gelatin in it. I used Dannon non-fat yogurt plain as it has pectin and not gelatin.)
2 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tbsp orange zest
1. Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees F. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.

2. Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl.

3. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the orange zest.

4. Mix everything enough to bring them together.

5. Scoop them into 6 greased muffin cups and bake them for 18-20 min. or until tops are brown.

6. Remove and place them in the muffin liners and cool them.

4 comments:

Sharmi said...

I have to try this out sometime. looks so good. is it soft without the eggs? lovely muffins.

Hima said...

Thank you Sharmi. Yes, they were soft without eggs. I used applesauce instead of eggs. You may try with sour cream instead of yogurt and let me know how did they turn out.

Priyanka said...

Another amazing recipe- that too without eggs and gelatin- great.

Swarna said...

I tried this and turned out great. I did not use orange zet though as I did not have it
Thank you very much...everyone will enjoy this in our picnic tomorrow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More