Sunday, June 24

Chavli Amti and Sabudana Vada

I am new to Food Blogging and gradually learning about the various events that are happening.I came across the RCI event and I thought I am at the right place. One Hot Stove blog by Nupur itself has so many varieties of Maharashtrian recipes, so I started browsing A to Z of Marathi Food. I saw C for Chivda and Chavli Amti, and I thought perfect. It just reminded me the packet of black eyed beans that I bought a couple of months back. I kept them away as I did not know how to cook them, so I pulled them out now to make this delicious recipe. Thanks Nupur for posting such a great dish, I enjoyed it a lot.

I followed the recipe as it is. So click here for the original recipe.

My mom use to make Sabudana Vada but never knew that belongs to Maharashtra. I must say I am very poor at this. I know what food I like but never knew which region do they belong. So I took the recipe out and made these. I did not have peanuts so I replaced it with Roasted chana dal. So here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

Sabudana 1/2 kg
Potatoes 1/4 kg
Roasted Chana Dal 200 grms
Grated Ginger 1 tbsp
Chopped Green Chillies 1 1/2 tbsp
Cumin 1 tsp
1. Soak Sabudana in plenty of water for about 4 hours.

2. Boil Potatoes and let them cool. Grind roasted chana dal.

3. Mix all of them and make them into patties. Deep fry them in hot oil.

So here is how I ate them. I took two patties onto a plate. Poured the above Amti on them. Garnished them with some onion, coriander leaves and some beated yogurt. They tasted yummy.

So this goes to RCI Maharashtrian Cusine.

7 comments:

bee said...

hima, thanks for visiting jugalbandi. it's great to discover your blog. am adding you to the blogroll.

Nupur said...

Hima, thanks for trying the chawli recipe...so glad you enjoyed it! Sabudana vada is popular in manyb states of India, including Mah, and your version looks very tasty indeed!

Aruna said...

Hima, Thx for stopping by my blog, I have heard soo much abt these vadas that I'll have to give it a try....Thx Hima & please keep visiting me.

themistressofspices.wordpress.com

Raaga said...

Nice blog. I am new too. Been blogging for 1.5 months now... food blogging that is :-)

TheCooker said...

Came here from Nupur's blog. I, too, am a newbie in the food blogging world. You seem off to a great start.
I like your idea of apple-p.butter chutney. Will try it for sure.

http://the-cooker.blogspot.com

Hima said...

Thanks to all for stopping by my blog. I will sure visit all your blogs and get some good recipes. I am always on search for new and tasty treats.

Thanks once again.

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More