Tuesday, June 19

Cauliflower pappu kura (Cauliflower toor dal curry)

I must tell you I love cauliflower. However it is cooked. Be it Gobi Manchurian or Alu Gobi or Gobi pappu kura. This is a south indian style dish, which is ofter made at my in-laws house. I don't dare to eat Gobi in India, no matter how much I clean still I doubt eating non-veg., you know what I mean haan... Ever since I came to USA I have been eating it regularly. This is one thing that I will miss when I go back to India for sure. Okay here is the recipe, which is just simple and can be cooked on any weekday.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup toor dal
1/2 of a big cauliflower
1 tsp channa dal
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 green chillies ( My mother in law uses dry red chillies )
3-4 curry leaves chopped
salt as per taste

1. Wash and boil toor dal in plenty of water. After first boil (white stuff forms on the water) add cauliflower, salt to the toor dal and cook them till both of them become tender. Take care that toor dal is not too mushy.

2. Drain the water and set the cauliflower and toor dal aside.

3. In a pan heat about 2 tsp oil and to that add channa dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and green chillies. Once the dals turn to golder brown add the cauliflower mixture to this along with the curry leaves.

This curry is good with rice. Ofcourse my mother in law and my mom eat this with phulka too but I don't like much. I like it with only rice. Enjoy .........

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More